Having A Good Attitude Towards Working Is Important



This blog is dedicated to my younger family and friends and it is meant to inspire them to have a good attitude towards working and striving for their goals. I had the great opportunity to work and study at Houston Community College. I worked in the Dean’s Office and I was fortunate to be trained by a former IBM executive. The Dean’s office managed the student services for over 70,000 students enrolled.  Imagine applying for a job and finding out that your work will influence 70,000 lives. It was a very exciting experience to work for the Dean of Student Services.



 The Dean’s office felt like a revolving door of students. Students from diverse ethnicities from countries all over the world, ages and experiences.  70,000 was a mind  boggling number for me. But I just happened to be in the right place at the right time because the training I received I could nothave gained that anywhere else.





 Unfortunately it was the time that Enron laid off a lot of employees. Guess where many highly trained corporate workers applied for a job and went back to school to gain new skills? At HCC down the street from their former workplace.






 And guess which girl from a little city in Jamaica named  Montego Bay gained hands on experience in learning brand new (at the time) computer technology and applications to manage the data of over 70,000 students, working with and even training some of these former corporate executive workers now turned students? Yes that was me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job Hunting

Memories: How I Was Able To Afford a Trip To Paris at 22 Years Old

Angry Young Men