The Present Problem With America

I once met a guy who told me he liked me and he was mixed with Italian and Mexican. Ok, that sounds exciting! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜„I thought, and in my head I began planning exciting trips and had visions of me and him traveling the world. Maybe we could travel to Jamaica ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ and Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น and Mexico ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฝ one day to explore our roots.  I think he said his dad was from Italy and his mom from Mexico. So his parents came to America as immigrants. Ok so we have a lot in common, I thought. We are immigrants. But then he said he doesn’t like immigrants because they are the ones taking away the jobs from Americans ( he calls himself American because he was born in America), making it harder for him to get a job and using up the resources. ๐Ÿ˜ฒNot good, I thought. I don’t like where this conversation is heading. He continued to say  that’s why he is voting for Trump because Trump is going to stop the immigrants from taking away the opportunities  that belong to Americans. And that’s why he need to build the wall to keep out the Mexicans... wait what? ๐Ÿค” Hold up, I said, didn’t you just say that your mom is Mexican? Yes, he said, but she came to America the “legal” way. She flew over on a plane. Not like the ones trying to swim ๐ŸŠ‍♀️ in the river and climbing over the wall at the border...( there goes my dreams of traveling the world with this handsome Italian-Mexican). So I told him that I don’t think it’s going to work out with me and him because we think too differently. He said but you came to America legally right? I said yes but I don’t really agree with most of the things you believe in. So anyway I ended the conversation, thanked him for being honest, and wished him all the best. Then I blocked his number and all social media because after thinking about the things he said, I was scared that a person, whose parents were immigrants, would have so much hatred for other immigrants. I think I needed to run as far away from this guy as possible ! ๐Ÿƒ‍♀️ ๐Ÿ’จ ๐Ÿ’จ ๐Ÿ’จ   I thought about our conversation for a long time, and I had to accept the reality that many “Americans” and children of “immigrants “ and even the “immigrants “ who came to America in poverty and are now millionaires think exactly like this guy!  They think they are better than the “other” immigrants. And that is the one of the main problems with America presently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job Hunting

Memories: How I Was Able To Afford a Trip To Paris at 22 Years Old

Memories: My First Job In London, UK Working At McDonald's