Children Whose Families Dont Speak English Are At A Disadvantage

One of my coworkers has a friend who is Hispanic. She can speak English, but she speaks mainly Spanish at home. Her son is 7 and is struggling with English at school but is otherwise very smart. His teacher told the mom to sign a form that he is “Special Ed”. The mom refused to sign the form and I met her and told her she made the right decision. I am so angry at the teacher and it is not even my son. What a wicked set of people! Next thing they are probably going to want to tell the mom to put her son on medication and I hope she refuses. She only needs to get tutoring for her son or move him to a better school. Can you imagine having that on your record and it follows you through every institution you attend for the rest of your life? What would you do if it were your child? You already know I am going to have to write an angry blog about this!!!#minoritystrugglesinamerica #dontmeknoteachertellyouyourpickneyisretarded #telltheteacherfi@&%¥ #Iamachristiansoprayfortheteacherinstead

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Job Hunting

Memories: How I Was Able To Afford a Trip To Paris at 22 Years Old

Memories: My First Job In London, UK Working At McDonald's